Monday, October 15, 2007

We've got a man down...


After much tooth wiggling...we finally lost a tooth. I honestly thought he was going to be the only kid at his high school graduation with all of his baby teeth...but alas! He won't be!
The normal ritual at bedtime went a little something like this:
Him: Mom, wiggle my tooth...
me: One time baby, then it is lights out for you...
Older brother: let ME wiggle it...
screaming ensued...
Him: Just wiggle, don't pull, mommy.
me: I want to pull it, just a little bit...(tugging on the tooth...)
up until last night, the tooth remained firmly in place.
Last night? The tooth popped out in my hand...his face was PRICELESS...although, I figure mine was as well!!
Of course there was blood...and phone calls...because honestly, when we draw blood or lose teeth, we have to call a relative...and in this case, when both happened...we had to call 2 relatives. All contacted were very happy at the loss of the tooth. Even if it was almost 9:30 at night.
The toothfairy came. Of course, when he woke up...the tooth had fallen onto the floor and the money had slid down in his bed, so the only thing under the pillow was the note that we left, requesting that the toothfairy Leave the money AND the tooth! There were tears...and then when the tooth/money were discovered, the big one was pissed off. Apparently, he never got $2 for a tooth. I started to explain inflation to him...but the little one interrupted and just said "well, you never had a tooth pulled by your mom." Clearly the only logical explanation.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I remember thinking Josh's (son #3)teeth were never going to fall out either. He's still only lost one, and is fine with that since his bled pretty bad too.