Wednesday, April 21, 2010

oh the horror

So...along with blogging...and looking for a job...and turning 40...I am giving dating a whirl. Again. And like the silly rabbit that I am, I am going right back to the online dating sites. The free ones. Of course. No job? No funds to pay for the 60/month dating habit!
I don't want this to turn into a date/bash blog. But, I have to say...the depth of the dating pool isn't very deep! I posted a profile. I put pictures on it. Of me. Of me recently. I've got some response. I had one guy, who wasn't all that attractive, but seemed nice, ask for my number so we could text. He text me and asked me for a picture. I have 7 on my profile. Not enough? Well...I only had a silly pic of me and Little on my phone. So I sent that. I didn't hear from him. Then I hear from him this morning. He asks for another picture. This time without the hat and glasses. Are you kidding me? Why not just ask my cup size and if I swallow for goodness sake. I can assure you that I will not be dating that guy. And? His loss.
Dating is a challenge, for sure!
Online dating is even harder. I get that there are people who post pictures of themselves from the third grade. Or pictures taken from space. And that is a shame...because really? Dating? Often involves seeing the person LIVE AND IN THE FLESH! So. If that isn't you? You're going to be found out! Who hasn't put on a few lbs? Who cares! I still believe that if you are a nice person. A good person. It doesn't matter what you look like. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE a good smelling man who looks nice and takes care of himself. But? If you are an asshole? There is NO amount of cologne that can cover up that stink.
But I digress...

I have a date to meet a guy for lunch tomorrow. He is very tall. And very redheaded. He also comes off really nice. We talked for an hour last night. Even if it doesn't turn out to be a love connection? I know that I will have lunch with a good guy!
Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

S. Patton said...

Thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my blog - so thoughtful of you. Your post about dating had me giggling...your sense of humor is an absolute gift. Good luck to you, I'll keep checking back to see how the date went!! Thinking of you! (BTW, my nickname all through school was 'chicken' - crazy or what?!)