Saturday, August 30, 2008

 


So...last night, I met some friends for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.
These were not ordinary friends, these were sorority sisters...some that I haven't seen in 15 years.
Naturally, I was nervous. I am just coming out of a failed marriage. I am sad a lot. So, I was afraid that I would be the only one there who was in a bad situation.
It was such a nice surprise to go with these ladies and not have it be a "look at me" show. Everyone was so nice and so sweet...it was just nice to be there.
I am relying on my friends a lot more than I thought...and I am finding these friends in the strangest of places. People that I felt certain I would be able to count on for anything, let me down. People that I would never have suspected, are doing more than their part. It makes me feel good, in a way that I haven't felt in a long time. I hope that the friendships that were rekindled last night, continue to grow and build on what we have in common, as well as how much we have changed. I guess I'll keep you posted!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry I've sucked at being around for you. I do think of you often, though, and wonder how you're doing. Keep your chin up!

Brighton said...

Believe me, I have been through two divorces. You will know who your friends really are pretty quickly. It's part of the life filter that goes with divorce.
You will come out the other side though. Stronger and wiser : )