Friday, February 15, 2008

Dear Starbucks

Dear Starbucks,
Hi! Remember me? I was your customer of the week about a month ago? I have been coming in to see you every single weekday for the last year and a half? You have to remember me! Well...I was away for a little while...sick for 4 weeks. You didn't ask about me. You didn't send flowers. You didn't even seem to miss me. I spend close to $4/day with you...factor that over the course of the last 18 months, and you get a new car.
I came back on Wednesday, but you didn't seem to notice. I know you have some new friends working there...and I don't expect them to recognize me right away. But the old friends, they seem to have all but forgotten about me. You used to remember my drink. I could walk in, pay, and pick it up...all in the span of a minute. Now? I have to SAY my drink and WAIT for it. That is pure crap. Also, you need to tell that little barista that SKINNY VANILLA LATTE means sugar free, non fat. Those are YOUR rules, not mine. And tell her not to give me crap when I send it back. I order it that way for a reason. If I wanted someone else to decide how I wanted it, I would just say "Make me whatever the fuck you want." Then I would have no reason to bitch. But I didn't say that, so I am bitching.
I am sad that our relationship is coming to this. There was a time when I didn't think that I could live without you. Seriously. But being out and having you not ask about me? That hurt. Clearly, I can be replaced. My $4 is just a drop in your bucket, I guess.
I'll still be around...just not as often. Please don't call me, I can't talk to you right now.
Customer of the week,
Jodi

1 comment:

~Tori said...

how did you know it was wrong... i think I'd have to be dumping at work before i figured it out.... ahhh... starbucks... mmmmmmm