Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where is my bellybutton?

Ok...so the brief overview of where I have been and what I was doing...
I am a special agent and have been on assignment.
Or, I have been in the hospital after having emergency surgery to remove my appendix (so sad...we have been together forever.) and also some of my colon.
Now, we all know that one sounds much better than the other, and given my history, it is the hospital one. Yes. I have been in the hospital for 6 days. I have been in a lot of pain. A LOT. I have been taking pain killers to try and make that pain go away. Today is the first day I have felt even remotely well enough to be out of bed. My whole life is a crazy mess right now...but that is for another day...the big question at hand is...Where did my belly button go? There is a bandage over it. I am changing the bandage later today and will check...but can they TAKE belly buttons? Mine was a weird subject for me. It was a love/hate relationship. I will certainly miss it. Just like my boy, appendix. When I DROVE MY SELF TO THE HOSPITAL...I never dreamed that I would be missing 2 very important pieces of anatomy. Yeah. The colon is important too, and no, I don't have a colostomy bag...boy, would we have bigger issues if I did, huh?
I took a perc about an hour ago...and am getting drowsy...but have many things to talk about. My roommate. The lady across the hall who apparently thought that GOD is at the end of the call bell. The lady that works for "Room service" which is apparently this hospitals take on the cafeteria. (FYI, room service? Is for places like that Waldorf or something...NOT hospital cafeteria food.)
The mean nurse. KARMA is a bitch, lady...and I am a bigger bitch...we're both coming after you!!

Much more...but I need to lay down!!
XO...

4 comments:

alison said...

Oh no. So sorry to hear that you and your appendix have broken up for good. I hope you're feeling better soon and are back home. Hospitals suck. Except for the ones on TV. Hope your belly button shows up soon.

Unknown said...

Hey, just checkin' in on you. We heard you were in the hospital. HOpe you get to feeling better soon...

Melissa said...

Funny thing is, yes they can take a belly button. My friend doesn't have one anymore. LOL
Let us know if we should make flyers and start a shoulder to shoulder search for it!
XO!

~Tori said...

6 days... what... we having a competition??? shit... you're winning for 2008, but I still hold the title for 2007!!!

glad you're better!!! love you!!!!